Mattereum’s team members and associates have over the course of their careers accumulated experience of working to address public health and critical infrastructure challenges.
As part of Mattereum’s corporate social responsibility work, we are making past and current work available to policy makers and planners working to address the current global challenge surrounding coronavirus Covid-19.
Although much of this work was created with a focus on other infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, HIV, or virulent strains of influenza, many of the principles touched upon are universal to dealing with infectious diseases. Furthermore, we are currently working on updating parts of this earlier for the challenges we are facing today.
Mattereum’s team members are doing this work unpaid in their own time as part of their voluntary activities so that their past expertise can be of current benefit to the global community.
- Medium article by Vinay Gupta: Reliably Solving The Ventilator Crisis.
- Recent audio interview with Vinay Gupta providing a balanced pragmatic approach to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Justice system response to Coronavirus (by Anton Shelupanov, available in multiple languages):
- Justice System Response to the Epidemiological Challenge of Coronavirus Covid-19 in the Community (in English).
- Réponse du système judiciaire au défi épidémiologique du coronavirus Covid-19 dans la communauté (en français).
- Respuesta del sistema de justicia al desafío epidemiológico del coronavirus Covid-19 en la comunidad (en español).
- Resposta do sistema de justiça ao desafio epidemiológico do coronavírus Covid-19 na comunidade (em português).
- Как система юстиции должна отреагировать на эпидемиологический вызов коронавируса Covid-19 в обществе (на русском)
- لفيروس كورونا 19 في المجتمع استجابة نظام العدالة للتحدي الوبائي
The materials below are specifically about pandemic flu, but contain much information that will also be relevant to coronavirus. They have not been updated for the current situation yet.
- Dealing in Security – understanding vital services and how they keep you safe (pdf by Vinay Gupta & Mike Bennett).
- An application of the SCIM model developed in Dealing in Security for severe influenza pandemic (by Lucas González Santa Cruz, available in two languages):
- Severe Panflu Response Strategies (by Vinay Gupta).
- Defense Horizons #70: STAR–TIDES and Starfish Networks – Supporting Stressed Populations with Distributed Talent (by Vinay Gupta, et al).
- UNODC, UNAIDS, WHO: HIV & AIDS in Places of Detention, a toolkit for policymakers, programme managers, prison officers and health care providers in prison settings (pdf co-drafted by Anton Shelupanov)
- WHO: Declaration on Prison Health as Part of Public Health (pdf co-drafted by Anton Shelupanov).
- International Encyclopedia of Public Health entry on Populations at Special Health Risk: Incarcerated (co-drafted by Anton Shelupanov).
- UNODC Framework for an Effective National Response: HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Treatment and Support in Prison Settings (contributions by Anton Shelupanov).
- The Hexayurt Playa – a shelter designed by Vinay Gupta for refugees and other people with a small housing budget.
- The accompanying Hexayurt checklist and instruction manual.